Tuesday 28 February 2012

Spring time in the garden

I dug my first pond in 1987, which was L4'xW4'x18". It was well stocked with pond plants and fish. I could not resist buying two Koi, by rights I should have had a larger pond.





In 2000 I built a much larger pond. My Koi and other fish had grown really large in the old pond.
My new pond was L8'xW6'xD3'4". I was able to buy a lot more fish, Golden Orfe, Koi, and various breeds of Goldfish.





A few of the fish. Photo taken while in a large paddling pool while cleaning pond in the spring after the frogs have spawned.

5 comments:

  1. cathy your fish are really nice you will have to keep an eye out for the Heron your photos are really good

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden is looking very nice, I like the pond, lovely fish,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy the photo's of your fish and the garden are lovely. We had a fish pond in the garden in our last house and had a visit from the Heron. He took 5 of the largest fish and the rest hid in the bottom of the pool, we didn't see them for about 2 months. We placed a net over the pond to prevent another visit.
    Good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Blog Cathy I enjoyed your story and very good pictures to go with it. I will be keeping a eye on your Blog from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog Cathy, thought the action shots of yourself digging the pond were very good, looking forward to your next post

    ReplyDelete